“Friends, let us not parade our love in words or talk only; but let us show it in deeds and make it real.” – The Apostle John


Thursday, December 10, 2015

In Arthur's Words


May 20, 2015 


We are passing along to you a ministry update provided by Arthur Nhau, director of Life to Life Africa-Chinhoyi:

Greetings, as I look back I can’t believe it’s been almost six months since we left Minna, Nigeria. I have been greatly encouraged by the other trainees who were together with us in Nigeria as they share what they are trusting God for and now as we try by God’s grace to put into practice what we learned on how to do and think ministry. 

One of my major highlights so far in coming coming back home knowing that Paul (Uncle Ron Shimkus) is gone and that I left Barnabas (Uncle Musa Yashim) back in Minna. But I have been encouraged by Exodus 4:12, when God told Moses “ Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.” One promise that has kept me going is Genesis 12:1-3 and I’m beginning to see it unfold with relationships that God has given me and continues to give me. 

One of the encouragements so far has been Campus and the joy of seeing the excitement of the LTLA team when they make new contacts and to see their disappointment when they struggle to follow up student. We continue to learn together that without God, it is impossible to do evangelism and that indeed “no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him." 

Shelton finished college last year and has joined our LTLA team. He has really pushed me as he is zealous and wants to learn. I am really ​encouraged as we learn together. I am praying that he will continue to live in Christ, rooted and built up in Him.

Arthur (L) and Shelton (R) on campus at Chinhoyi University of Technology (CUT)

Lunga, who I am also discipling, is leading a group of elderly men called the “Men of Hope.” This year six men have given their lives to Christ. Please pray that Lunga and these men will continue to delight in the Lord.

New Believers among Men of Hope, with Lunga (third from left)
Men of Hope group meeting


On Campus, we started a bible study group this semester. A first year student, Ericsson, seems really interested in knowing the Lord. Pray that he continues to believe the scriptures.


LTLA Discipleship Team at CUT
(L-R: Anna holding Daisy, Mildred, Arthur, Gogo Mildred, Simba, Shelton, Otillia)

As a family, we have settled well. We are grateful to the daily bread that the Lord continues to provide for us. My wife, Mildred, is really enjoying doing ministry with high school and college girls and she is now teaching our children to memorize scripture. I am really grateful on how we are complementing each other as a couple. 


Humbled by His Great Love, 

Arthur and Mildred


Chosen Generation Bible Study (young adult orphan group)


No comments:

Post a Comment