“Friends, let us not parade our love in words or talk only; but let us show it in deeds and make it real.” – The Apostle John


Wednesday, December 19, 2018

“Life to Life Africa Has Influenced Me in Every Aspect of My Life.”

“I was born and raised in Chinhoyi. My father died when I was 8 and my mother died when I was 12,” shares Prestege, an orphan whom Life to Life Africa has ministered to since before she lost her mother. “Life was hard considering the fact that I became an orphan at an early age and the Zimbabwe economy collapsed the year after my mother died. Life was terrible after both of my parents died. It was better when I had ‘mum’ around, we could have our small lump of ‘sadza’ (cornmeal mash) and greens two times a day everyday but when she passed I could go for days without food.”


Prestege when she was in high school.


Prestege’s family was being assisted with food distribution and clinic care by LTLA before her mother passed away. Her older sister, Anna, became the head of household at 17. To assist her efforts in supporting she and her sisters, LTLA provided Anna the opportunity to work in the Critical Care Center for pre-school orphans.

Prestege speaks of the influence that LTLA has had on her life. “Jesus Christ became meaningful in my life when I was 16. Life was starting to get better since my older sister Anna was working at LTLA. Before that I believed that God did not love me the same way He loved my siblings, Anna & younger twin sisters. But through the LTLA youth Bible studies, I learned that God loved me so much and all the suffering was a training ground for me. I received Jesus Christ through Gogo Mildred, an LTLA leader.”

A family in Ames, IA specifically contributed to help Prestege progress through school. She received a scholarship to attend university after high school and is currently in her final year at university majoring in Development Studies, a social science program that emphasizes approaches to reducing poverty. To complete her degree, she was required to undertake a 1-year internship and was able to do that with LTLA starting July 2017. “I am taking this degree program because I feel like it can help me transform many lives.”


Prestege (front) helping at the LTLA Foundations for Farming training session.


Her internship experience with LTLA impacted her significantly. “I am learning to be patient with other people like how God was with the people of Israel. To be where I am there have been patient people with me. The LTLA team has helped me to get back to my feet spiritually and taught me how to love others. They have taught me what God is all about. LTLA supports me in every aspect of my life and has contributed greatly for me to be where I am right now.”



Would you help us continue impacting and investing in the next generation in Zimbabwe for God’s kingdom and glory? 

Our reserves are low and our operational budget in Zimbabwe is currently $10,000 monthly. Expenditures are increasing as Zimbabwe is facing another economic collapse like in 2008. 

 Your special gift or monthly commitment will enable us to continue in 2019. Thank you for considering how you can help. (Checks can be mailed to Life to Life Ministries, PMB 344, 10151 University Blvd, Orlando, FL 32817.) Your prayers and financial support make this possible.

Thank you!
Mike Sulc
Life to Life Africa



No comments:

Post a Comment