“Friends, let us not parade our love in words or talk only; but let us show it in deeds and make it real.” – The Apostle John


Monday, December 4, 2017

"I Need to Give Back the Love I Was Shown"


December 4, 2017


"I need to give back the love I was shown by Life to Life Africa," shares Tsungai, who directs the LTLA Critical Care Center, our ministry to pre-school orphans. "While getting treatment for HIV at the hospital, a nurse directed me to LTLA because as a young widow with two sons I was struggling to properly feed my family and myself. LTLA provided me food and medical care and Uncle Ron Shimkus even found me a job at a local pre-school back in 2008. LTLA helped me when even my family isolated me due to my illness. The God of 'second chances' is using me now as I once was useless." 

When LTLA launched the Critical Care Center, Tsungai (pictured with the Critical Care Center orphans, below) was invited to help and she gladly accepted the opportunity. Her love for children is evident every morning as she greets them with a big smile and hug when they arrive. She not only cares for them physically by feeding them breakfast and lunch; she also cares for their educational development as she prepares them for kindergarten, and she cares for them spiritually by teaching them Bible stories and songs. As Tsungai continues to share, "I grew up going to church but it was through LTLA that I understood the Gospel and accepted Christ. I used to only hear the Bible at church but now I read, study and memorize it."


Tsungai with Critical Care Center orphans.



When asked to share how the Critical Care Center has impacted the orphans in its care, Tsungai tells the story of Victoria (pictured below). Victoria, now 9 years old, entered the care of LTLA at the age of 3 months. She was in the care of her grandparents since her father passed away while her mother was pregnant with her and then her mother passed away shortly after she was born. Her grandparents appealed for help from LTLA as they were unable to afford the formula to feed her. LTLA provided the formula, "saving her life" her grandfather says. She soon joined the Critical Care center under the watchful care of Tsungai who finishes the story by saying, "Now she is the best student in her class. She does not miss the weekly LTLA youth Bible study where she loves to memorize scripture. Her grandparents are often in tears as they see God working in Victoria's life."


Victoria


Tsusngai asks for prayer for Malka (below). She has been in her grandmother's care since her mother abandoned her at 2 months of age. Her grandmother is not stable and has not cared well for her, leading to malnutrition. She has been inconsistent lately in bringinig Malka to the Critical Care Center. Tsungai asks us to "Please pray that God will protect Malka and speak to her grandmother's heart to allow LTLA to help Malka. We also pray that we can help her grandmother and mother come to know Christ."


Tsungai holding Malka.




Would you help us continue caring for the physical and spiritual needs of children like Victoria and Malka, as well as their families? 

Our operational budget in Zimbabwe is $8,000 monthly and we will need year-end gifts to launch us into next year. Your special gift or monthly commitment will enable us to continue in 2018. You can contribute by sending your check payable to:

Life to Life Africa
PMB 344
10151 University Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32817-1904

You can also donate online. If you are interested in doing so, please email me at mike.sulc@lifetolifeafrica.org, and I will pass along instructions.



Thank you for considering how you can help. Your prayers and financial support make this possible.

Thank You!

 Mike Sulc



No comments:

Post a Comment